Welcome to the Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, the primary organization supporting competitive racing in Northern California. Through our efforts to promote, coordinate and administer organized racing, we help make competitive sailing in the Bay Area possible. more...
YRA racing is comprised of four charter associations, each representing a specific type of racing or types of boats, and the PC Series:
- HDA (Handicap Divisions Association): Bay racing using the PHRF handicapping system.
- ODCA (One Design Class Association): Bay racing for one design fleets
- OYRA (Offshore Yacht Racing Association): Ocean racing using displacement/waterline divisions sailing under PHRF and includes a short-handed division (on request). Courses range from 25 – 88 nautical miles starting in San Francisco Bay.
- WBRA (Wooden Boat Racing Association): Bay racing for the following wooden one design fleets: Bear, Bird, Folkboat, IOD and Knarr.
- PC Series (The Party Circuit Series): YRA's 3 marquee race weekends: The Great Vallejo Race, the 2nd Half Opener & the Season Closer. PHRF, One-Design, Multihull, Non-Spinnaker & Short-Handed Divisions are available.
- Latest YRA Results
The YRA Summer Series See results from the One-Design and PHRF Series HERE.
WBRA Series See Results from the WBRA season HERE.
OYRA Races Results from the current Ocean Racing series are available HERE.
- Upcoming YRA Events
YRA YEAR END TROPHY PARTY! - November 18th Join us for the annual YRA Year-End Trophy Party, held on the 3rd Tuesday of November each year, at Berkeley Yacht Club! This is your chance to pick up your hard-earned prizes from this season's racing! Invitations have been emailed to skippers who have a prize to pick up. Check your email! This event is free, but we do ask that you RSVP HERE.
- 2015 Master Calendar, PHRF Renewals and Race Sign-ups
Ready to get a 2015 NCPHRF Certificate and purchase your 2015 YRA Membership? Ready to sign up to race? You can do so starting on December 1st!. Check back here for links to register & renew for 2015! Remember you don't need a paper form if you are renewing a boat with no changes to it's 2014 configuration. If you have a new boat, or have made changes to your 2014 configuration you'll need to complete the 2015 PHRF Application HERE.
Looking for the 2015 Master Calendar? It will be available January 1.