Welcome to the Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, the primary organization supporting competitive racing in Northern California. Through our efforts to promote, coordinate and administer organized racing, we help make competitive sailing in the Bay Area possible. more...
The YRA offers racing for all types of boats and sailors with four different types of series or events, each representing a specific type of racing or types of boats:
- The YRA Spring and Summer Series: Bay racing for fleets using the PHRF handicapping system (HDA) as well as for One-Design fleets (ODCA).
- The Ocean Series (OYRA): Ocean racing sailing under PHRF, includes a short-handed division. Courses range from 25 – 88 nautical miles starting in San Francisco Bay.
- The Wooden Boat Series (WBRA): Bay racing for the following wooden one design fleets: Bear, Bird, Folkboat, IOD and Knarr.
- Weekend Regattas: YRA's marquee race weekends: The Great Vallejo Race, the Westpoint Regatta, the 2nd Half Opener & the Season Closer. PHRF, One-Design, Multihull, Non-Spinnaker & Short-Handed Divisions are available.
- Latest YRA Results
YRA Summer Series - You can view results from the latest YRA Series races HERE!
WBRA Series - You can view the results from the latest WBRA races HERE!
OYRA Series - You can view the results from the latest OYRA race HERE
The YRA Weekend Regattas - See results from all the YRA Weekend Regattas HERE
- Upcoming YRA Events
The YRA Season Closer
Get the Fleet Assignments and the Sailing Instructions, including the starting sequences for both days HERE! Results from the Saturday of the Season Closer are HERE!
Find information on all our Racing Opportunities
Spring and Summer Series
- 2015 Master Calendar, PHRF Renewals and Race Sign-ups
Now is the time to get your 2015 PHRF Certificate!
Click HERE to register for your 2015 YRA Membership and to renew your PHRF Certificate. Remember, YRA Members get a significant discount on PHRF Fees, are eligible to race in YRA races, and get complimentary changes to their PHRF Certificates over the course of the year. You don't need a paper form if you are renewing a boat with no changes to it's 2014 configuration. If you have a new boat, or have made changes to your 2014 configuration you'll need to complete the 2015 PHRF Application HERE.
Looking for the 2015 Master Calendar? Click HERE
- Upcoming Safety at Sea Seminars
Saturday and Sunday, November 7th & 8th, 2015 San Francisco Yacht Club. Two day seminar with "hands on" training to qualify for ISAF SAS Certification. Get more information HERE.