Welcome to the Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, the primary organization supporting competitive racing in Northern California. Through our efforts to promote, coordinate and administer organized racing, we help make competitive sailing in the Bay Area possible. more...
The YRA offers racing for all types of boats and sailors with four different types of series or events, each representing a specific type of racing or types of boats:
- The YRA Spring and Summer Series: Bay racing for fleets using the PHRF handicapping system (HDA) as well as for One-Design fleets (ODCA).
- The Ocean Series (OYRA): Ocean racing sailing under PHRF, includes a short-handed division. Courses range from 25 – 88 nautical miles starting in San Francisco Bay.
- The Wooden Boat Series (WBRA): Bay racing for the following wooden one design fleets: Bear, Bird, Folkboat, IOD and Knarr.
- Weekend Regattas: YRA's marquee race weekends: The Great Vallejo Race, the Westpoint Regatta, the 2nd Half Opener & the Season Closer. PHRF, One-Design, Multihull, Non-Spinnaker & Short-Handed Divisions are available.
- Latest YRA Results
YRA Spring Series - May 16th You can view results from the latest YRA Series races HERE!
WBRA Series - May 16th You can view the results from the latest WBRA races HERE!
OYRA Series - May 9th You can view the results from the latest OYRA race HERE
The Great Vallejo Race - May 2nd & 3rd. The 116th running of the Great Vallejo Race was one of the fastest ones on record! See the results HERE
- Upcoming YRA Events
The YRA Presents: a "Tide Talk" at the Bay Model with Kame Richards. June 17th, 7:00 pm, Sausalito
Tickets are $25 per person
Get more info and purchase tickets HERE
Sure to add another page to your bay area racing tactics playbook, we hope you'll join us for this informative evening. Kame Richards, of Pineapple Sails, will be presenting his talk on the tidal currents of San Francisco Bay and the Golden Gate at the Bay Model. The talk will be of great interest to those of you who sail the Bay and out to the ocean. The talk is illustrated with slides from NASA's U-2 high altitude reconnaissance aircraft. The photos show how to locate tide lines, and how to determine which way the water is moving on which side of the tide line. After the slide talk you will be able to view the operating Bay Model with viewing aids to help you understand how the currents change in the Bay. We expect this to be another very popular event and space is limited to only 100 people so be sure to purchase your ticket soon!
The 2015 Westpoint Regatta & the 2015 2nd Half Opener
DOWNLOAD THE NOTICES OF RACE HERE!
Find information on all our Racing Opportunities
Spring and Summer Series
- 2015 Master Calendar, PHRF Renewals and Race Sign-ups
Now is the time to get your 2015 PHRF Certificate!
Click HERE to register for your 2015 YRA Membership and to renew your PHRF Certificate. Remember, YRA Members get a significant discount on PHRF Fees, are eligible to race in YRA races, and get complimentary changes to their PHRF Certificates over the course of the year. You don't need a paper form if you are renewing a boat with no changes to it's 2014 configuration. If you have a new boat, or have made changes to your 2014 configuration you'll need to complete the 2015 PHRF Application HERE.
Looking for the 2015 Master Calendar? Click HERE
- Upcoming Safety at Sea Seminars
Saturday and Sunday, November 7th & 8th, 2015 San Francisco Yacht Club. Two day seminar with "hands on" training to qualify for ISAF SAS Certification. Get more information HERE.