Welcome to the Yacht Racing Association of San Francisco Bay, the primary organization supporting competitive racing in Northern California. Through our efforts to promote, coordinate and administer organized racing, we help make competitive sailing in the Bay Area possible. more...
YRA racing is comprised of four charter associations, each representing a specific type of racing or types of boats, and the PC Series:
- HDA (Handicap Divisions Association): Bay racing using the PHRF handicapping system.
- ODCA (One Design Class Association): Bay racing for one design fleets
- OYRA (Offshore Yacht Racing Association): Ocean racing using displacement/waterline divisions sailing under PHRF and includes a short-handed division (on request). Courses range from 25 – 88 nautical miles starting in San Francisco Bay.
- WBRA (Wooden Boat Racing Association): Bay racing for the following wooden one design fleets: Bear, Bird, Folkboat, IOD and Knarr.
- PC Series (The Party Circuit Series): YRA's 3 marquee race weekends: The Great Vallejo Race, the 2nd Half Opener & the Season Closer. PHRF, One-Design, Multihull, Non-Spinnaker & Short-Handed Divisions are available.
- Latest YRA Results
YRA Series #1 - May 11th, 2013 Windy Conditions met the racers for first races of the 2013 YRA Series, held on the Berkeley Circle courses and hosted by BYC. Results from race1 & race 2 are available HERE.
- Upcoming YRA Events
WBRA - May 18th, 2013. SI's for the next WBRA race are HERE. You can view the current fleet assignments HERE.
- 2013 Master Calendar, PHRF Renewals and Race Sign-ups
The 2013 Racing Season is just around the corner! Ready to renew your 2012 NCPHRF Certificate and purchase your 2013 YRA Membership, as well as sign up to race? CLICK HERE to access our new registration system.
We are now using jibeset.net to manage all our races and our PHRF registrations. PHRF Certificates will still be emailed to you once you have paid your fees and submitted the appropriate application. Remember you don't need a paper form if you are renewing a boat with no changes to it's 2012 configuration. If you have a new boat, or have made changes to your 2012 configuration you'll need to complete the 2013 PHRF Application (available as a fill-able form HERE or as a printable form HERE.